+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diabetic?

Unregistered

Diabetic?

Please can you aSsist, I'm a 26 year old female and I've been put on diabetic type 2 medication (metphage and glycomin). I've been taking care of myself of late as my gp advised my problems with trying to fall pregnant may be coming from the untreated diabetes. I had a severe yeast problem for a very long time and since being on this medication its all but disappeared. I have a lot more energy on some days but other days if I don't eat properly I feel drained by mid afternoon. I've gained some of the weight I lost, and my hair and nails are now thick and healthy and my hair doesn't fall out anymore even my last period wasn't as long and as painful. Does this mean my sugar is stabilising? I'm not on medical aid and can't afford to keep running to drs?

It definitely sounds as if you are in better health, and I can only speculate that it is related to your improved lifestyle and anti-diabetic medication, but ultimately only a blood test can give you a definitive answer. I would advise that you save and buy yourself a glucometer. Acucheck performa is a good one to have at home. Please continue to eat healthily and exercise as this will contribute to an improvement in blood sugar as well as the other symptoms you may be experiencing

Everything of the best
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments