+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weight loss and Breastfeeding

Lilcuppiecake

Weight loss and Breastfeeding

Dear Joy

My baby is 6 weeks old and my gynae has given me the go ahead to excercise etc.

What is the best eating plan to loose weight without affecting my breastmilk.

And how does eating the tibb way assist in weight loss.

Where can I do a consultation?

I would advise that you follow a general healthy eating plan which focuses on portion control but does not deprive your body of the nutrients it needs especially whilst breastfeeding.

Of the many diets i reviewed i found that weigh less provided the most balanced eating plan and also provided you with the support needed during weight loss.

Eating according to your temperament means eating in a balanced way, but specific foods will be advised and others should be avoided e.g. a phlegmatic temperament should consume less dairy products but add more heating spices like garlic and ginger to their food

Please check out www.satibb.co.za for a list of practitioners, alternatively you can email me with your location and i will advise the best possible practitioner
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

Unregistered
    Was in the same boat. After baby was born I still had 8.5 kgs to lose but was scared of dieting affecting my milk supply. Baby is now 7months old and I am still bf and have 3kgs left to lose. I started exercising for 20mins atleast 3 times a week (when kids are sleeping). I cut out all junk food - fried foods, chips, sweets chocs and biscuits. Eating atleast 3 servings of fruit and veg a day. To stimulate milk production I take multivitamins and omega supplements and also eat fish 3 - 4 times a week (even a can of tuna for lunch is good!). Just remember to do it very gradually and give yourself time to lose the weight sensibly. This will ensure that your milk supply won't be affected and that you will keep the weight of InshaAllah. All the best!

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments