+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mrs.

  1. #1


    hi there. I am a 30yr old female and have just been diagnosed with I.R.(insulin resistance) my doc wants me to start on glucophage for 3 months. Is there alternative medication that i can use instead of glucophage. Also any other advice on I.R would be appreciated. Tia.

  2. #2
    Insulin Resistance is largely a result of poor lifestyle, so adjusting this is important for the successful management of your condition

    You may want to explore different options to assist with this lifestyle adjustment as it is not always easy to do this by yourself. I personally recommend weigh less. This is based on my own experience with this weight loss group. The meal plans are comprehensive and does not deprive you of any one food group. Vegetable intake is strongly encouraged as well as portion control.

    You would also need to partake in an exercise program. Again explore different options and find one that works for you. I enjoy activities like zumba, yoga and pilates. It is easier for me to maintain an exercise regime if i am having fun while doing it

    You can try Tibb glucostop to assist with insulin resistance

    All the best
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine

    Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts