+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toybox vs House

Unregistered

Toybox vs House

Zakkiya I hope you can advise me as to my decor dilemma:
    I have a 3 year old son and my house has no real structure or design. Right now it seems like we are living in a toybox. I have containers to keep his toys tidy but inevitably they end up in every corner. The other issue is the dining table which often is used as a filing table. I like. Neat orderly and a home with some theme/ design to it. Right now it just seems like a mess. I hope you can help.

Hello,

It sounds like you have a clutter issue in your home. The first step is to sort through all filing and toys and decide on which items you can keep and which to give or throw away. Thereafter, you should organize the remaining items.

Toys: I would reorganize toys into storage boxes according to popularity. If your son has favourite toys, these should all be in one box to prevent him unpacking toys he doesn't like and minimise the number of toys around the house. If it is possible in your home, you should create a play room so that his toys doing leave the space. Make it a fun room with kiddie furniture and some fun vinyl decals.

Filing: if you do not have a dedicated workspace, you may need one. Check out the Nevada Furniture for some compact office tables that can sit neatly in a space in your home. These have a drawer in which you can store pages. You should put up a shelf above the workspace for files. Typo has some inexpensive folders which are beautiful and can be used to quickly categorize unfiled pages.

A helpful tip is to spend at least 10 minutes every morning and evening packing away unresolved clutter. This is a small effort that goes a long way and you will not be stuck with a mess at the end of the week. Throw away unwanted items daily and keep a storage basket near your front door for goods you want to give away. Donate the contents weekly.

The key to reducing clutter is getting rid of unwanted items and then storing wanted items smartly. Check out the Pinterest board for visual inspiration on your queries: http://www.pinterest.com/zakkiyak/ask-nanima-forum/

Hope this is helpful, Zakkiya

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments