+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pcos

anony

pcos

I have been suffering from pcos for about 4 years now was on a pill to regulate my period n glucophage to reduce insulin levels I had been takin these meds 6months @ a tym but my period hasn't regulated I was just blowing up as I consumed now left all medication n havnt had a period for just over a year . Any advice as where to from here . Will be Really appreciated thanking you.

PCOS is often considered as a "cold" condition according to Tibb Philosophy. Therefore, our treatment plan aims to increase heat in the body. 2 areas that you should focus on right now is your diet and following an exercise programme. In terms of your diet omitting ALL sugars are advised. This includes table sugar, cakes, chocolate, bread, pasta, rice, potato, cool drinks, juice, all sweetened products etc. Avoid all processed meats; And do not eat or drink anything cold or refrigerated. Your diet should consists of lean meats like chicken breast, fish, and fillet; you can consume as much vegetables as you like (preferably low GI vegetables); fruit like berries; adding heating herbs and spices like garlic, ginger, fenugreek, cinnamon, cayenne, paprika etc. would increase heat and facilitate metabolism. Follow this for 6 weeks. Thereafter you can slowly start incorporating small amounts of brown rice and potatoes into your diet. Exercise at least 3 times a week. Try to find something you enjoy. I often recommend joining a class as you have the added motivation of those around you.

Everything of the best
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments