+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Psoriasis or eczema

Unregistered

Psoriasis or eczema

Hi Dr Joy

I'm worried my son (6 1/2yrs) might have either on of these conditions. Could you please tell me the difference between these two conditions.

He has a few roundish rashes on one of his legs (on his shin and inner thigh) and a rash on one hip area. He has dry bumpy skin behind his ears (in the fold area where ear meets head) and inside one of his ears (just outside the canal) is starting to look dry and bumpy. He has a lot of small bumps around his mouth that look very dry, and a small rash on one of his eyelids. His hands an fingers also look rash and dry, especially on the palms and knuckles......but lastly I have noticed small little bumps on some of his nails (like someone has taken a pin a poked his nails) and under a couple of these nails there seems to be a few small red spots in the nail bed.

I am taking him to the dr, but just wanted to know what your thoughts were, I know u can't diagnose him without seeing him, but could you give me some insight.

I have been moisturising regularly and it does seem to be helping a little.

The rashes don't seem to be itchy.

Could you suggest any creams or vitamins that he could take/use or diet?

I'm really worried

Thank you

Eczema may be described as dry skin that may appear as raised spots which most typically affects the face and flexor surfaces (behind the knee and the fold in front of the elbow) of the body. Eczema is more common in children and may result due to hypersensitivities to food, harsh chemicals and other pollutants. The rash may by itchy and red. Psoriasis is rough, red and raised skin which may be itchy to. It may look as if there are silvery scales over the skin lesion. It usually affects the extensor surfaces (over the knee and elbow), trunk, lower back and hairline. Other symptoms may include nail pitting, and joint pain.

Your son's condition does sound more like eczema, but only a proper examination and history taking will be able to give an accurate diagnosis. Once you have a diagnosis I will be able to better guide you with diet, herbal medication and tissue salts. Please feel free to email me once he has been seen by a doctor

All the best
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments