+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hair falling

Unregistered

Hair falling

Hi Dr Joy

Thank you for replying to all our questions, your a star!

I am in my mid 30's and recently my hair has been falling out so much more than normal, when I brush it, when I wash it and when I run my hands through it.....at this rate I feel like I will have no hair left in a couple months....could it be because its winter?

Does hair fall more at certain times or seasons?

Is there anything I can used to make my hair thicker and stronger?

Also, as I wear hijab, could this effect the quality and quantity of my hair? Should I get into the backyard and get some sunshine on my scalp? Or will this do nothing for my hair?

I am overweight, but other than that I'm healthy Alhamdulillah.

Looking forward to you reply

You are most welcome

Hair loss may have numerous causes. The most common causes are hereditary and hormonal factors. People who are genetically more susceptible may experience male or female pattern baldness. Other hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy, childbirth, menopause or discontinuation of the pill may also result in non permanent hair loss. Certain medical conditions such as thyroid disease, scalp ring worm, or other skin disorders; and medications like those used in the treatment of hypertension, depression, heart disease, arthritis and cancer may also result in hair fall.

Traction hair loss can occur when the hair is pulled too tightly. Brushing the hair vigorously, overuse of blow dryers and flat irons, overuse of chemical treatments and dyes, and tying the hair too tightly may cause hair loss.

I would advise that you drape your scarf loosely and leave your hair untied underneath. Also, when you are at home, remove the scarf so that there is less tension on your head. Be gentle when towel drying or brushing your wet hair.

You can also try massaging your scalp with Amla oil on a daily basis to stimulate circulation and promote new hair growth.

There's a number of tissue salts you can use, the most important one would be silicea (which you can take up to 10 daily). But you can also order the combination hair loss powder which consists of different ratios of the following numbers: 1, 6, 9, 10, 12 and 21. You can visit www.atifa.co.za if you wish to find a stockist closest to you, or you can mail me your location and I can advise you as to the closest stockist or consultant.

All the best
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments