+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pregnant or not.

Anonymous06

Pregnant or not.

Hi Dr Saville

I have recently had sexual intercourse with my partner. This happend about 3 weeks ago, I took an Morning After Pill (Escapelle) the next day, was about 9hours later. I already have a little angle & cannot have another so soon. I have gotten my period in last week BUT still the thought of being pregnant is haunting me. Would you suggest to do a pregnancy test now or should I wait abit longer? I don't want to be too hasty as I might get a false negative. If the situation were different I wouldn't worry. But my little angel is way to small still. Also, if it is that I am, What are the Abortion procedures/options?

Thanks in Advance
    Anonymous xx

The only sure way to test if you are pregnant at this stage is to go to your gynae and have a blood test as well as a transvaginal ultrasound. As I am not a proponent of abortion, I cannot comment of the procedure or options available. I do know that many organisations exist that will educate you on your available options. You can visit www.mariestopes.org.za for more information
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments