+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Itchy down ther

embarrassed

Itchy down ther

Hi Dr Joy

I'm way to embarrassed to go to a doctor or pharmacy. I have a really itchy vagina, I have this problem since being a toddler. It has faded as the years has gone by but for the passed for months, I have been experiencing this urge to scratch because that's how uncomfortable and irritating it is. I noticed that the itch increases a few days before my period is due & then I'm left with the itching sensation for weeks until da next period. Its an on going thing & I don't know what to do or use anymore. Please please help me. It has also become a bit smelly now.

Unregistered

embarrased

Hi

Just my 2c to help. 2tsp bicard in 1 litre of water. Wash the vaginal area every 2nd day with a litre, it cud be due to acid.
    Alternatively visit a Gynae don't be shy its norm or get the Gynae guard range from clicks n selected stores.
    All the best

Hi

As the previous comment said you should not be shy to see a Dr or gynae, many women suffer with the same problem. As there is an odour, you need to assess whether you have developed an infection. The most common infection is bacterial vaginosis and this usually present with a fishy odour and an off white discharge.
    Generally during your periods the pH in your intimate area changes and this can allow for an overgrowth of bacteria/fungi. Try taking a pre/probiotic daily, increase the intake of plain yogurt, avoid hot and moist foods (like bread, sugar, pastas), eat more sour foods like citrus fruits. Wear cotton underwear, DO NOT use soaps down under, refrain from trying to over wash that area, use water after urinating/defaecating and sexual intercourse, wipe from front to back and do so gently, make sure you dry the area properly. Try to find Alum powder at the health shops and do a sitz bath for 15 minutes a day. You can also try using something like Canex V - it can provide a lot of short term relief, but do not over use this product. Go to your Dr instead and get proper medical attention
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

Unregistered

mrs

I have the problem of recurrent thrush.its really annoying and stops only during a period

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments