+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Potty Training Problems

Going Potty

Potty Training Problems

My son is almost 4yrs old. I have been having difficulty potty training him I have tried everything. I have been consistent, tried reward charts, gifts, and even forced him to go to the loo. Nothing seems to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. He hates wearing undies and hates going to the loo/potty. When I try training him and make it fun, he screams and cries as if I'm torturing him. People put pressure on me, as to why he's still in nappies. Pls can someone offer some advice/their own experiences. Will greatly appreciate it.

Unregistered
    Potty training is probably one of the most difficult things to do with your child. I think the crux if your problem may lay in the last part of your message: you are doing it because of other people. When trying to teach your child something be careful to not give into the pressures of others - do it because YOU and YOUR CHILD are ready for it. So what if he reaches this milestone later than other kids? It doesn't make you a failure as a mother or him as a child. Take a few steps back and think carefully about why you want to do it. When you're clear that he is truly ready (and you will know intuitively), come back with a positive attitude and try again. All the best

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments