+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vitamins

Unregistered

vitamins

Hi Doc. I've just read where you said that a calcium tab (b cal) should not be taken with a multivitamin. May I ask why, because I take a multivit, B Cal and Omega 3 together every morning after breakfast. Am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

The reason you do not take a calcium supplement with a multivitamin is because calcium inhibits the absorption of Iron found in your multivitamin. So best you take them at separate times
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

Glen222
    The reason you do not take a calcium supplement with a multivitamin is because calcium inhibits the absorption of Iron found in your multivitamin. So best you take them at separate times
    Well, I don't take multivitamins so there is no problem for me in taking calcium in morning or evening. Its first time that I heard about calcium inhibits the absorption of iron. Vitamins are vital for our body, but I want to take them in a more natural way through foods. And I don't even use calcium at regular basis.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments