Thread: Male infertility

Confused

Male infertility

Salaams, my husband and i have been married for 5 years. When we first got married, we decided to wait before having any children hence we used birth control (I was on the pill) After a year, i stopped taking the pill as we felt ready to start a family. After about two years of me not falling pregnant we went to the doctors and they did the necessary tests on both of us and we were told that there is a problem with my husband, we underwent fertility treatments but they have been unsuccessful. According to my understanding, in Islam, if a wife is unable to have children, her husband can marry another women (with the permission of his first wife), however my question is in the case of a man unable to have children what are the options for the wife?

I am quite distressed as everyone assumes there is a problem with me (the women, no-one ever mentions if there is a problem with the man). I try and avoid going to functions etc just to avoid people asking me why i do not have kids as yet.

Please can i have some advise. I would also like to hear from women who are or who have been in a similar position like me and how they deal or have dealt with it.

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Wa’alaikum Salaam Warahmatullâhi Wabarakâtuh

In Surah Shura, Allah Ta’ala says:

To Allah belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He creates whatever He wills, granting daughters to whomever He wills, and granting sons to whomever He wills. To some he gives both sons and daughters, and barren whom he wills; surely. He is All-knowledgeable, All-Powerful.[42/49-50]

In above mentioned verses of the noble Quraan, Allah Ta’ala draws our attention to the fact the parenthood is in his hands. He grants whoever he wishes children and hold back children from whoever he wishes. This is all according to the divine wisdom of Allah. Defects in the reproductive system are but an excuse for the manifestation for this decree of Allah. After having exhausted all possible avenues of treatment one should then surrender and accept this to be the command of Allah. However, never lose hope in the mercy of Allah.

Take solace from the fact the Aaisha Radiyallahu Anha and most of the Mother of the Believers Radiyallahu Anhuna did not have children. always make Du’a and never underestimate the power of Du’a. You may also consider the option of adopting a child.

AND ALLÂH TA’ÂLÂ KNOWS BEST.

Facebook Comments