+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zina, now pregnant, what to do?

Zina, now pregnant, what to do?

Nanima please help, My best friend committed Zina while she was married. But then repented and her husband knows everything and forgave her but now she found that she is pregnant with the other guy's child Now she doesnt want to tell her husband because it's definitely not his. But she knws abortion is not allowed.. What advice can I give her?

Slms. Firstly, abortion should not even cross ur friend's mind. This child is innocent and a gift from Allah(SWT). Right now it may seem as if this pregnancy is a punishment or a burden, but Allah only knows the joy n love this child will bring into ur friend's life.
    I suggest that she tell her husband that she is pregnant. He already knows that she had an affair and surely ur friend and her husband as well as the man she had an affair with, know that by having unprotected sex u stand a chance of falling pregnant. I'm sure her husband will be angry, maybe their marriage won't even survive this kind of a scenario, but maybe he will find it in his heart to forgive her n raise the child as his own. Either way, this is the test that Allah has given to ur friend and she now has to make sure she seeks Allah's guidance on how to survive this test.

Please ask your friend to go for Amniocentesis is an medical investigation used for diagnostic screening or as a means of sample collection for a prenatal paternity test. The test can be performed between the 15-20th week of pregnancy (slightly after CVS, chorionic villus sampling) and involves the insertion of a needle through the abdomen in order to withdraw a sample of amniotic fluid. Amniotic fluid is the fluid which surrounds the unborn baby and is rich in fetal DNA. Amniotic fluid is an amber colored liquid. The issue with the procedure is that it can lead or miscarriage or to the leakage of amniotic fluid. If the level of amniotic fluid fall to low, this can be very dangerous for the baby. Because of these dangers, non invasive paternity tests are today available that do not require going anywhere near the uterus or baby as happens in amniocentesis..

Also ask your friend to get closer to Allah and repent, beg for His forgiveness and guidance. Allah is the most merciful and never lose hope in the mercy of Allah. Zina is something one should never ever take lightly as the punishment for it in this world and akhirah are very severe. Repent to Allah and inshaAllah He is the most forgiving.

Also always seek advise from a learned scholar who can guide you inshaAllah.

Anonymous person has responded
    Reply anon please:Nani ma she knows the child is not her husbands because she hasnt been intimate with her husband since they got together. She said to him that she wanted time to adjust. Is abortion an option? She is scared that the husband would reject the child.Should she go for an abortion or Take talaq from husband and marry the the father of the child because that man is asking her to keep the child and marry him. Thank you for all your support.

Abortion is never an option. Please encourage her to talk to her husband. Things are going to get very complicated. Also she will have to stay in iddat and from my limited knowledge, if you get divorced while you are pregnant you have to stay the whole time in iddat.. so it is not clear cut case.. she must immediately and at once go to a local scholar near her to seek advise and also speak to the her husband ASAP..

Abortion is something that should be discussed not just with a religious scholar but with secular family planning advice centres of which there are plenty. She should be fully informed on both sides.

Unregistered
    Yikes. This is a tricky one. She should call the Jamiat and discuss it. They'll also be able to provide counselling via Islamic Careline

Unregistered
    YOur friend should have never ventured outside the boundries in the first place. Just look at how many lives she is set to destroy. Does she have any kids from her marriage that she's in? This woman is really going to put her family though agony. I think her actions are quite shameful and moreso that she's thinking about abortion. There is no shortcut to solve such problems. they have a way of coming back to haunt you. We women are so quick to condemn men when they stray, I think she deserves the same condenmnation. It doesn't matter if you a man or a woman, the crime is the same. Sorry, but I have no pity for her, she knew exactly what she was getting herself into, if not she's not living in our world.

Unregistered
    Discuss with her hubby n at the end of the day its her decision who she wants to be with, yes if her hubby divorces her she has to stay in iddat until baby is born... May Allah guide u n forgive us all I.S.A aameen

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments