Thread: distressed

Unregistered

distressed

Slmz , maulana I need advise .My friends granny is suffering terrible in sakraat with cancer , so much that she is unconcious from pain, body is rotting n she cn neither eat or spk or mover . Suffering is intense n has been goin on like this for almost a year. She has heard that one suffers in sakraat in such a manner due to salaah n fasts nt been kept n compensated n affairs nt havn been put in order . Is this true ? Can a maulana make istikhara on such a matter ? Who cud hep with determining such an issue ? Jazakallah.

Walaikum Salaam

Experiencing Sakraat- the pangs of death-is a natural process for every soul departing from this world. For some, it may be very intense whilst for other it may be easy. If a person has a difficult Sakraat, this does not necessarily mean that this is an evil person or the person has committed certain sins or has failed to fulfil certain obligations. Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam, whilst being the Imaam of all the Ambiya Alaihi Salaam and the best of Allah’s creation had a very difficult Sakraat. This was the decree of Allah for him and he was pleased with it.

In this world we experience difficulties for various reasons. We need to always remember that everything comes from Allah. Sometimes Allah put us through difficulties to bring us closer to Him and at other times it may be to cleanse our sins or to elevate our stages. It is not possible for anyone to pass judgment on someone else and say that this person is suffering because of his/her sin or because of their failure to fulfil certain obligations.

Needless to say, if your friend’s granny has not been regular with her Salaah and has not fulfilled all her Qadha fast then if she regains consciousness and her strength then she should make amends for her missed Salaah and fast. If she does not recover, then her family can pay Fidya for her missed fast. As for the missed Salaah one cannot pay Fidya as long as the person is alive. It can only be done after a person’s demise. The amount of Fidya is R16 for every Salaah and the same amount for every fast.
    May Allah grant a speedy and complete recovery to your friend’s grandmother. If the difficulty becomes too difficult for her and those around to bear, then you may make the Dua:

اللهُمَّ أَحْيِنِي مَا كَانَتِ الحَيَاةُ خَيْرًا لي ، وَتَوَفَّنِي إِذَا كَانَتِ الوَفَاةُ خَيْرًا لي

“O Allah grant me life as long as life is beneficial for me and grant death if death is beneficial for me. “[ Bukhari]

AND ALLAH TA'ALA KNOWS BEST

Facebook Comments