My MIL looks after my baby during the day.. needless to say she is stepping over the boundaries.. crossing the line.. undermining my authority as a parent and basically doing as she please with my child.. Another story for another day.. we are looking for a reliable nanny though.

However, when we go to family gatherings.. I am ignored as my child's mother by everyone else.. If there's anything that is related to my child.. the extended family asks my MIL.. Like e.g. can she eat that apple? while in my presence.. I am totally dismissed

This is one of the many situations.. How do I handle this? I don't want to come across as rude or insecure.. but I want to make my point firm.. I am the mother.. Anything related to my child HAS to come pass me.

Like e;g; they will give her crisps without asking me if it's ok. (she is 10months old) Some will ask MIL. or MIL will say to others, give her this or it's ok for her to do that..

The only way I can think of not being in a situation like this is to avoid the family gatherings or just show my face for an hour then leave..

It breaks my heart that I am undermined as a mother.... and I feel humiliated.

Any advice on how to handle this situation will be much appreciated.

Thanks