+ Reply to Thread

Thread: extremely painful periods

in pain

extremely painful periods

Please can someone assist me.
    I suffer with extremely painful periods and I am so tired of it. It disrupts my ability to function -even at work. I have been to gynae's who have told me nothing is wrong with me and that I should exercise as the pain is normal. I don't have endometriosis. I have changed my pill as well but this has also brought me no joy. When I was younger I didn't suffer with pain. The pain started about 3years ago and since then I have had not succeeded in getting rid of it. Please help I have no clue what to do anymore!

Hi

If you are in the Johannesburg area then I would encourage you to consult with Hakeem Jaleel Pandoor in Fordburg. His number is 0828440559. the underlying humoural disturbance needs to be investigated before any treatment can be advised. Also factors like you age, weight, emotional wellbeing, diet etc. needs to be evaluated as this often plays a role in Primary dysmenorrhoea

You can try the following products and home remedies

Tissue Salts
    The following combination of tissue salts can be taken. Tissue salts should not be swallowed. It should be placed on the sides of the mouth and allowed to dissolve unless otherwise stated. Please note that you may experience some discomfort initially as the body eliminates toxins. If the discomfort is too much to handle, lower the amount of tablets taken to 3 each daily.
    Natura Ferrum Phos (No 4) 7 tablets daily
    Mag Phos (No 8) 5 tablets daily (this should be taken with hot water - small sips of the hot water should also be kept in the mouth for at least 10 seconds before swallowing)
    Nat Mur (No9) 5 tablets daily
    Nat sulf (No11) 5 tablets daily

The following home remedies can be used for period pain: (from www.homeveda.com)
    Natural home remedy using papaya:

1. Papaya helps to reduce the pain and regulates the flow
    2. Take pulp of an unripe papaya
    3. Blend it with 1 glass water
    4. Drink it twice a day

Natural home remedy using sesame seeds:

1. Sesame seeds have pain relieving properties and also cure vomiting
    2. Crush 4 tsp of sesame seeds into powder
    3. Add 1 glass of water
    4. Mix well
    5. Drink 2 times a day

You should also go for regular cupping sessions. Cupping will help supply the reproductive system with oxygen rich blood supply. It will also work on the nervous system to help manage pain
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

in pain
    Thanks dr Joy!
    Unfortunately I'm from durban
    I was also told that not managing stress well can result in painful periods. I will try the tissue salts for my next period , hoping that sorts me out!

You are welcome. You should start taking the tissue salts now as they work on a much deeper level to address the cause of the pain, rather than just combating the symptoms. and you should continue taking them for a couple of months. You can contact Melanie Bennett for more information on the tissue salts. She can do an analysis on you and from there determine exactly what your body needs. She is based in Westville. Her contact details are 0312629992 or melanie@soulpipers.co.za. I have just completed the tissue salts course and I'm very excited about the potential these micro minerals can have. After a week i can feel a significant difference in many areas of my health and vitality.

For cupping you can see Dr. Mariam Khan. She is based in Isipingo. Her number is 0793808449 and her email address is dr.mariam.b.khan@gmail.com

I hope you find some relief soon

All the best
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments