+ Reply to Thread

Thread: depressed

depressed

i am a girl who 4 years ago went to study abroad.Although i come from a very pious background and family when i was far from family and also due to influence from shaitaan i kind of lost my morales and started dating various men even married men(i did not sleep around) just for fun. i then came back home after my studies and realised what i had been doing wrong and would never take that path again. The problem is now its my marriage time and even if i get proposals i get rejected for some reason or the other,and this has made me really depressed to the extent that i feel like theres no purpose of me in life. my parents and evryone are very upset also. i feel like the mistakes i made in the past are coming to affect me now.i just dont know what to do or who to talk to as it is really eating me up.

Having remorse is a good sign. Repent to Allah and ask for forgiveness. Allah is the most merciful. Wake up for tahajud and repent. Also duas are accepted at the times of Tahajud and after fasting. To balance your emotions fast. Ask Allah to help you find your partner InshAllah..

What do you have remorse for? By your own admission you did not sleep around, you did nothing but date. The only thing you did wrong was to date married men because this may have hurt their families.

You grew up in a pious, sheltered environment. Part of growing up for all young people is to experiment with different lifestyles. Your family and community can't simply tell you what is the right life for you EVEN THOUGH THEY MAY BE RIGHT. You have to find this out for yourself - what you can live with and what makes you happy - and you did.

Stop judging yourself unfairly. You matured from the experience and now know what is right for you. Put it past you, pull yourself together, and know that your 'failures' make you stronger.

You're more than likely only getting rejected from proposals because you are visibly unhappy and anxious. Give yourself time to heal before you look for more proposals. Getting proposals is not the be all and end all, you have plenty of time. You will have a happy life.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments