+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I propose to him?

Should I propose to him?

Salaams Nanima, there is someone I really like, problem is it is not easy for a girl to approach a guy.Sometimes my heart tells me he is meant for me and sometimes not, I don't know whether I feel that way because we are both 31 and single or what. We don't communicate so much but I still feel for him and make dua for Allah to show me a sign.What do I do? I have had bad experiences in the past with relationships and been rejected too.Please advise

You will never know unless u just ask. be straight forward and ask but what would be better is to get a 3rd party to subtly try and matchmake or do the suggestions and gauge from there if he is interested to pursue this.. better then sitting and wondering.. Khadija(RA) proposed to the prophet(SAW) so there should be no shame in it.. but she did use an intermediary.. u will know your answer and alhamdulillah u will get married and live happily ever after or alhamdulillah you can move on with your life knowing u gave it your best shot.. yes it will be painful if it doesn't happen but that too shall pass and best even now to focus strengthen your relationship with Allah so these knocks don't get the better of you.. see he could either be shy or just not interested.. and u will never know unless u ask.. also when the time comes read your istikharah

Why would you propose to someone you are not sure is the right one? Get to know the person better first... you don't marry someone and spend the rest of your life with them if you are not sure they are the one for you!!! Married life is a huge challenge, it's not an accidental happening and you must choose your partner carefully. It has to be someone you can learn to communicate with. Allah is not going to send you a definite sign, he does not work like that. You make your own happiness and Allah respects rational decision making. Drive your own destiny with the following pointers: stay calm, be truthful so you will learn to know who you are, make decisions that are right for you on your own time, marry someone with your same value system where you can establish firm principles in a good and solid marriage. Good luck and stay focused on who you are. Maybe you need to take time to know yourself better first.

read istighaara namaaz

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments