+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to discipline

Unregistered

how to discipline

Slms I hav two little girls, they are driving me insane. I want to know from other mums how do u teach ur child manners,respect etc. The eldest one is 3 and half years and she is developing to back chat . And she learns the wrong thing so fast.. The small is learning from the big one. I'm jus so lost. How do I go about teaching them all the tings they need to know.I dnt know when it happened but the eldest one knows how to back chat, she can b rude, stubborn and is she soooo moody.they fyt all the tym.they jus dnt listen! Please tell me how u deal with ur unruly kids

Unregistered
    You need to make them understand that you are in charge. Explain to them that playtime and TV and outings are privileges which can and will be taken away for behaviour you consider inappropriate. Stand by your word, don't say no TV & then give in. There MUST be consequences. Don't ever tell them that they are naughty rather point out that its their behaviour that is naughty, explain that you love them and when they behave badly you feel very hurt. And make sure that you and hubby are agreed on the rules - you need to present a united front to them.

Unregistered

tv

Get rid of your television

Unregistered

helpful website

slms, i have a very willfull 2 and half year old and did alot of research on how to manage her behaviour etc whcih can be challenging at the best of times. know that you are not alone, Most if not all parents go through this phase with their kids esp with two so close together. Dont let anyone make you feel like youre a bad parent as alot ofpeople forget what its like or pretend it never happened to them. Read the articles on this website! it made ALL the difference to how i relate with my lg and now we have a very enjoyable relationship because i understand her better and help her to communicate more effectively when she feels strongly about things. just read and apply the tips they give on this website! i can vouch that IT WORKS! and you treAt your child with respect at the same time.May Allah make it easy for you. http://www.janetlansbury.com/2012/05...line-mistakes/ http://www.janetlansbury.com/2012/02...of-discipline/

Unregistered

mercy of the prophet saw

I recently had another baby and my 2yr old (who is very strong willed and can be stubborn) went thru a very bad period during which no one could handle him. He would have several really bad temper tantrums over seemingly silly things every day and I was very frustrated. I started using the naughty corner method and found that 2 things are key when disciplining: consistency and controlling ur anger - when a toddler is misbehaving anger only makes it worse. You need to keep calm and be firm andbe prepared to listen to ur child (what is frustrating them etc) and explain what is acceptable and what's not.
    There are also wonderful islamic websites with advice on raising children. When I'm finding it difficult, I always remind myself of the Rasul SAW mercy. All the best sister

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments