+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not a morning person?

Not a morning person?

Nanima please help - salaams i knw this sounds a bit strange , but u hear ppl saying im not a morning person, i cannot wake up early always late for work and at work right until late afternoon i feel like im in unconcious state,i have no option but to leave my wrk and look for part time evening job when im most active, what advise can anyone offer for this miserable morning feeling.

What time do you go to bed and wake up? do you nap in the afternoon? what is the quality of your sleep like?
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

I see this post as received many views so I'll post some tips to help with sleep wake regulation, this will help you feel more energetic every day

Plan to get 7-8 hours of sleep. It's preferable for you to go to bed between 9-10pm as you experience the deepest sleep just before midnight (this is essential to feeling rested in the morning). Wake up at the same time every day irrespective of the time you went to bed the night before. For those who pray Fajr in the morning, it is fine to wake up at this time as there is a gradual change in waking time. BUT it is important not to go back to sleep after this. If you wake up naturally before your alarm goes off, the chances are that you have come to the end of your sleep cycle, so it is best for you to get up and start your day. try to eat within the first hour of waking up and at least 3 hours before bed. Do not consume stimulants like sugar, nicotine and caffeine late in the day. try to have the last of your stimulants around 4pm for the latest. Get some exercise every day (but again not 3 hours before bedtime). Being active during the day will make you feel more relaxed at night. Take a hot bath at least 2 hours before bed. This will cause your body temperature to rise and fall and make you feel sleepy. A similar principles applies when drinking hot milk with honey. Wear comfortable clothes at night. Nothing tight and restricting. If your mind is overactive at night use relaxation techniques such as deep and slow breathing exercises, or write in a journal to get rid of niggling thoughts and ideas. Use a natural sleep aid or natural anti anxiety medication to help you relax and promote better sleep (flora force sleep and Tibb stress away helps). Use your bedroom for sleep only (and marital activities if you are married). Do not read or watch TV in your bedroom. Do not nap for more than 15 minutes during the day time. Be sure to get enough sunlight - melatonin (your sleep hormone) is activated at night when it is dark, so training your body to secrete the right hormones at the right time is important.

Remember, that regulating your sleep wake cycle will take some time and during this period you may feel more tired and have less energy. But once it's regulated you'll be bouncing off the walls during the day and have a good quality sleep at night
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments