Thread: inanimate objects

Unregistered

inanimate objects

Where in the Quran is it specified not to wear clothes that have cartoons etc. On? If its a hadith, what exactly does the hadeeth say?

Unregistered
    My 2 cents-id like to think we grew up Islamically and my parents and grandparents told us that da angels won't go near the person wearing things with eyes on it and I'm sure the beautiful angels of Allah don't approve of us(man)wearing things that have an imitation of life on it-a gift Allah himself gives us.that's what I was taught and what I'm teaching my child!

Assalamualaikum

Hereunder are a few ahaadeeth which indicate towards the prohibiting of making and keeping pictures of animate objects.

a) Ayesha (Radiyallâhu A’nha) reported that Rasulullah Sallallaahu A'laihi Wasallam entered (my apartment) and I had hung (on the door of my apartment) a thin curtain having pictures on it. The color of his face underwent a change. He then took hold of the curtain, tore it and than said: “Those who shall have the severest of chastisement and punishment on the day of Qiyaamah would be the ones who try to imitate Allah Ta’âlâ in the act of creation”.
    b) In another hadith Aa’isha (Radhiallâhu 'anha) reported that she bought a carpet which had pictures on it. When Rasool (Salallahu Alaihi wasallam) saw that, he stayed at the door and did not enter. She said: I offer repentance to Allah and his messenger. (But tell me) What is the sin I have committed. Thereupon Rasool (Salallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: “what is this Carpet?” She said: “I bought it for you so that you might sit on it and take rest.
    Thereupon Rasool (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: “The owners of these pictures would be tormented and they would be asked to bring to life what they tried to create. He then said, “The angels do not enter the house wherein there is a picture.”
    c) Hadhrat Abu Hurairah Radiyallâhu Anhu narrates that I heard Rasulullah saying that Allah Ta’ala mentions in a hadith-e-qudsi: “who can be more oppressive than that person who advances to create something in similarity and resemblance to my creation?”
    d) Abdullah bin Umar Radiyallâhu Anhu narrates that Rasulullah Sallallaahu A'laihi Wasallam said: “whosoever involves themselves in picture making, they will be told that bring to life whatever you have created.
    It comes in one hadith that Allah’s curse is with that person who involves himself in picture making.

Imaam Nawawi Rahmatullahi Alaih said that to create a picture of an animate object is totally Haram and it is from amongst the major sins since there are severe warnings mentioned in the Ahaadeeth with regards to picture making. Muslim Shareef pg.199 vol.2. Hence, it is not permissible to wear clothing which have cartoons on it.

AND ALLAH TA'ALA KNOWS BEST

Facebook Comments