+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Undomesticated

Unregistered

Undomesticated

Slms, I really need some help please. I am an accountant and my career was everything to me. Afer I graduated I got marrried and didn't know anything about running a home. I lived with my in-laws and they did everything. I decided to stop working last year after giving birth to my 3rd baby and we moved into our own home. Alhamdulilah I am very happy but I don't know how to run my home. I have had 4 maids this year. They don't seem to be working out for me as I don't know how to train them my husband is a neat freak and I am not. This is causing problems in my marriage. I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, open plan home with an office. Any tips on how to train the new maid and where do I start? Jazakallah for all your help.

Unregistered
    Slms.
    I would suggest you start with drawing up a schedule. A daily schedule for things that need to be cleaned daily such as the kitchen, toilet and making of beds, dusting and sweeping of floors etc. Then a weekly schedule like scrubbing of floors, laundry days etc. A monthly schedule for things like windows and packing of cupboards etc and then also a time frame for spring cleaning. Then follow that. It should be a big help. Everyone was once a beginner and through experience and many mistakes they learnt how to keep a home.
    There are a lot of tips on the internet when it comes to certain cleaning dilemmas.

Unregistered
    Sounds like me plan at night until u get into the swing of things..i plan the weeks menu..that helps coz then I get done in the kitchen!otherwise stuck in there forever..i got very lucky..the current domestic help had been beautifully trained by a Muslim family..here is an idea of our day..quick cup of tea(it is winter) then make beds n tidy rooms- general..put toys away,random items away..so things are tidy..if kitchen chaos..wash dishes,dry n pack- makes a huge difference in appearance!washing gets hung by 8:30..i cook in mornings n try to half way cook or prep for days to come but esp for sat n Sunday- no domestic help then..linen changed every Monday..towels twice a week..Friday n which ever other..wash washing regularly,even if small loads so ironing can get done..we iron on Tue and Thursday and Friday...try n get kids to play in specific areas only..get them to be in charge of tidying their things..i threaten (n do) take away toys not picked up n withhold them for a looong while..reward good tidying habits..if things are neat before u go to bed it is alot easier in morning..our help comes by 7:30 n leaves by 4;00..alot depends on your kids age n generally there will be some disorder- it is a home with kids..it should b.lived im but not like an apocalypse happened..there middle ground

Unregistered
    Time to forget about your profession and become a mother of a home. Or start working part time if you can't let go of the money.

Unregistered
    Another option for a good maid is a trained agency maid. Also many agencies will train someone of ur choice. Try maid4u or marvellous maids. I went thru d same thing at d beginning of d year with maids n considered agencies, but shukr I found someone who I liked. They r pricey but look into it if u feel it will help. Good Luck!

Unregistered
    I'm in a similar situation work wise and I've been home now for almost a year. As an accountant surely u are methodical,systematic you'll figure it out as you go along. Its like any other task, u need to no what needs to be done and plan strategically in order to get things done on time and without losing your sanity. Everyone has their own way of doing things so u will find what works best for u. Goodluck and enjoy every moment u spend with ur kids.

XvwWNQU9
    The best thing to happen to any woman is when you become the. Queen of your home , please don't give up hang in there. Start with a. Complete list of what needs to be done from 7.00 To 4.00 Everyday. Do a weekly roster including lunch times, tea times . Stick to this it worked very well with me

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments