+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I overreacting?

Unregistered

Am I overreacting?

My hubby & I have been married for 13 yrs and have 2 kids. We have always had an open and trusting relationship over the years. Over the past few months, we have really been struggling to communicate with most conversations ending up in arguments. To make matters worse & the reason for this note is the advent of the BlackBerry. We both guilty of spending time on our phone & ignoring each other. But recently my hubby has been adding more & more strangers to befriend him including strange women. He has conversations with them, sometimes flirtatious in my view sharing naughty jokes and pictures. When confronting him, he says I have trust issues and they just friends. He says its nothing more & he knows where to draw the line. I still feel uncomfortable with the situation & it deeply offends me. Am I overreacting?

Unregistered
    You are not over reacting. You have to know why your hubby is talking to strange women. Today they might be freinds tomorrow he might cross the line. Remmember no men intends to have an affair,it just happens.

Unregistered

not overeactin

U are not overreactin cos u can't trust da woman of 2day dy jus flirtatious b#### n especually men dy always lukn 4 new adventureS

Unregistered

Overeacting

6 years ago my cousin's friend first received Jumuah smmsses from the guy working with her then she reecieved how are you what are doing smsses then it lead to an adultery affair both married and then thee woman felt pregnant so all that we can advise you all be careful and if you overreact you got the right to do so,In Sha Allah we make duah t be protected from Satan

Unregistered
    As I wife I feel for you but I have to ask, do you love him? Then fight for him. Make him fall in love with you all again, Being married so long one tends to forget about the little things. So don't just sit back and allow things to escalate.

Unregistered
    U r not overreacting. Marriage is sacred and once u get married both parties should stop talking to friends from the opposite sex.
    I agree with one of the posters above who said that women today are evil and conniving. No man is safe, even if they are married. However, it takes 2 hands to clap and your husband should be mature enough to realise that any outside influence, no matter how innocent, should not be allowed.
    Speak to him, tell him your fears and inshaAllah he will stop speaking to these women. Also, both of url should put the bbs away when url r together and make ur marriage a priority.

Unregistered
    Maybe speak to him and ask him if he would like it if you communicated with other men like that? if not, then its only right that he stops. Its not a trust issue, its an issue of love and mutual respect. good luck

Unregistered
    slms sis.
    i feel for you. i am a married guy and i have the same problem with my wife.
    generally i am a quiet reserved person and my wife i addicted to social media.
    when i confront her about it she turns around and blames me.
    yes i do too have a blackberry but i use it in moderation.
    my wife on the other hand cannot go for a few minutes with her blackberry.
    it has reached a stage where cooking gets delayed or burnt because she was on bbm.
    even the needs of our child get neglected.
    if i ask her who is she chatting to its always her sister or mother.
    i too am tired of fighting and conplaining to i just let things be.
    it gives me more time to spend with my child.

Unregistered
    It's not over-reacting. There is no such thing as over-reacting to things that could lead to flirtation and cheating.

Rather over-react, and set him straight, then allow this to continue. Be firm, and strong. Remember you have 2 kids to worry about. You do not want to end up with a broken marriage. Act now, before it escalates.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments