+ Reply to Thread

Thread: yaz pill missed period

yaz pill missed period

this is my 2nd month of yaz birth control and my monthlys were due 5 days ago,I know for sure that I'm not preggie cos I have taken this pill religiously for these 2months have any of you ladies missed a period while on yaz and also do I stop the pill now ?I have a docs appointment on saturday but really cannot wait so long to know

I am on Yaz and even though I did not have the same problem as you, it took 4 months for my cycle to become completely regular. I use to spot for days after my period. Also, on Yaz my menses only starts on the first day of the active pill. So it is a bit delayed. I noticed that if I don't take my pill at the same time every night I experience some or other adverse effect. I think you should be patient. Wait and hear what your Dr says before taking any action. And remember that the pill is not 100% safe, so rule out pregnancy only once you've taken a test
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

hi

reading this post i found it very interesting. i am to be married soon and many many ppl said to me that going on the pill is not a goodidea as if may affect ur body in many ways such as weight gain... excessive weight loss ... some even say that after years of bein on the pill they are unable to fall pregnant... this is alarming me ...

Hi Rae

The pill does has many negative side effects including all the above mentioned. If this is a concern for you, you may want to try barrier protection like using condoms. If you want to try safe dates then you can use an FDA approved device. It's a little scope that uses saliva. When you ovulate, the amount of salt in your body increases and this increase crystallization of salt is visible in this scope. However, because sperm can survive for 72 hours in the body, you will be unsafe 3 days before ovulation. I would suggest you try this, however, use barrier protection until you know your cycle well enough. Email me for details regarding the scope
    Dr Joy Saville
    BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
    Unani-Tibb Medicine
    http://bit.ly/DrJoySaville

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information to your own situation.

Unregistered
    Hi Dr Saville,

I have been on the Yaz pill for the past 6 months & have not had any major side effects, etc. What i'd like to know is how do i miss a period while on the pill? I know that i have to miss the inactive white pills, but then do i start the new pack on the normal pink pills on the day that i would have taken the fisrt inactive pill & match the day to the current day or just start on the first pill of the new pack?

Thank you in advance

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments