+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Totally lost and helpless

Unregistered

Totally lost and helpless

Slms,I'm a 17 year old girl who has found a suitable boy to get married to. My parents at first approved nd I had an engagement date set, a day later they called it off saying its too soon,nd they decided in anger. They have both written me off,I don't spk 2 either of them nd they don't want anything to do with my wedding. I'm stuck where I have to approach the boys parents myself.please help

Joburger

Focus on knowledge instead of marriage

At 17 most people are too young and not sufficiently mature to handle the challenges that come with marriage. Learning to cope with another person is difficult enough; imagine the difficulties of dealing with in-laws, money, dressing, make-up, jealousy, attraction to other men/women, flirting, sexual relations, cooking, household chores, pregnancy, morning sickness, baby, illness, nappies ... The list is endless. Please think again before you pursue with your foolhardy idea that you want to get married. Perhaps your parents have realised that you are too young. I believe that they have made the right decision to call off the engagement. I would advise you not to go against their decision because the support of your parents is extremely important in the first few years of marriage, especially when you are so young. Please read through the other posts in this Forum and you may understand the serious challenges that face married couples each day. I would advise you to further your education and use the next 2 - 3 years to become more knowledgeable.

Unregistered
    Honestly, I wouldn't get married yet. Why are you in such a hurry? At 17, you are so so young, you should live a little of your own life and have some fun on your own (I don't mean sex and stuff like that, I mean traveling, going out with friends etc). I know there's such a rush of emotions at that age, but sister, get yourself an education. An educated mother will breed educated children. If you have the opportunity, take it. Women are capable of so much more than just being housewives and mothers, esp when you're so young. I would wait, and enjoy some of your youth.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments