+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guidance required

Unregistered

Question Guidance required

Salaams
    This thread may receive critism but I write here out of shear frustration. I'm a born muslim female. Living an ordinary, "normal" life - school , Madressah, varsity,* marriage, kids ,etc.* . I don't know why I feel spiritually out of touch. I'm supposed to wake up early to see kids & hubby off in the mornings ... its a mission to get out of bed. When I force myself out, I make lunches & serve a "whatever" breakfast then see them off with hugs & kisses. I hate more myself every day as I wish I could be a more on the ball person. Seeing to my small kids during the day is physically & emotionally draining but I love my family! I tend to be moody but have realised that children & hubby cannot walk on eggshells in their own home in case I throw a tantrum. Shukr we are all more at ease.
    The Tele goes on to keep the toddler busy whilst I cook and see to baby & this takes all morning because babies are demanding.
    I'm tired all the time.
    As a Muslim,* recitation of the quran is supposed to help. Should I recite arabic or English ? Am I to understand what I read or have faith in our Creator & stick to the Arabic to feel better.
    I sleep late at night just so that I can have "me" time but I wake up tired every morning. I dread life every Sunday night. To think I have the entire week to see to kids kids kids.. even running errands is a mission ..* loading kids into car..* making sure I have extra clothes, nappies,* snacks , etc. A 15 min errand turns into a preparation before and the errand itself ends up taking over an hour.
    I am not complaining. I seek advice ..* how do other mums handle it? How do you cope? I want to be a happy mom who has time for my kids, husband AND me.
    Do I need an attitude change or is there a certain way to do it?
    HELP!

Unregistered

stay @ home mum

Firstly I understand completely where u coming from. I'm a mom of 3 girls all under 10, all 3 r @ 3 different schools. I get up each morning, make lunches, bath them, dress,drop of @ school. Come home n do the house work ( my maid was I'll n retired 2 yrs ago) washin ironing vacuuming, deciding what to cook...before I kknow it..its toime to start the school run I start fetching from school @ 12 n only get home @ 2 to start the madressah run till 5pm..then it's either karate swimming or ballet classes(depending on the day of the week)...inbetween I have to do the errand..i try n do most while they @ school as takin them on errands slows me down.....over and above the kids..n hubby...I work part time....i craft n I have 2 cats, 5 dogs..1 hamster, 1 rabbit n a few koi fish....so my day is always crazy...I also go to bed tiredn wake up even more tired...I hate Sunday evenings as it depresses me knowing I'm gonnaa slave the whole week....some days I'm so busy I forget to breath.....all I can say is hang in there...im hoping it gets better.

Unregistered

Fellow mum

Salaams. Being a wife and mum can be a very tiring and time consuming thing....I am a stay at home ( although I'm more on the road then stay at home these days)at home mum . I chose to give up my career to be able to be there for my kids whether it was to see them off to school or be present at assemblies or sport events. I have never seen it as a burden but rather a blessing to be able to do this. Some days are tough when one feels over whelmed and taken for granted but in the grand scheme of things...I wouldn't have it any other way!! Try getting involved in a woman's group or get someone to see to your kids for an hour a week to have "me" time. Play with your kids rather than keeping them busy....prepare food on a sunday to make it easier for the week. Do things early in the morning so that you can nap with kids in the lare afternoon and be happy and refreshed when hubby arrives. Have a date night with hubby every week or 2. Listen to instrumental music or follow qiraat read by someone you enjoy listening to. Listen to Mufti Menks Lectures. He is a true inspiration. An attitude change will definitely do you good. Enjoy life...you have a wonderful family...hubby...children. make the most of it. Before you know it they will be grown up. And you'll wonder what the fuss was about.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments