+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is it just me???

Unregistered

is it just me???

i feel like i am the only person in the world who doesn't sit on the phone/ texts constantly...
    where-ever i go, people are constantly texting/chatting etc...
    i have a phone but i use it only if i need to...
    during work hours, my phone is switched off, i reply to people if i need to, and after hours it's family/me time.
    where do people find the time to constantly text and chat...
    i find it extremely exhausting to juggle between all my chores for the day and still attend to msgs/pings etc...
    i was on whatsup recently...
    it had its fun moments...but it was a time consuming and frivolous activity for me...yes,,,it is used by lots of people for serious stuff too.
    time that could have been spent with my kids was now being wasted on sending jokes, pics, engaging in silly banter etc...
    i asked myself if i really needed to know how my cousins biryani came out/ what colour jacket my friend bought etc???
    the answer was a resounding NO!!!
    i got off wu...and i have more time for ibadat and family...
    i work in a very stressful environment,,,after work it's time to help my kids with home-work,,,read my salaah,,,i also prefer to sleep early,,,
    my not being available to attend to peoples calls and msgs has worked lots of people up...
    in case of an emergency,,, a simple sms would suffice to get my attention,,,,
    before the onset of social media, smart-phones and wu,,,life went on,,,,how did people cope then?
    P.S-there is an app that shows texters a picture of where they are going on their cell-phone screens while being engaged in the business of texting-lest they bump into some-thing...what next????

Unregistered

hiding behind screen

I agree it can be annoying that people who have free telkom will whatsapp you instead of calling that will take few seconds to discuss on phone. Maybe shy to ask live and real time. The worse is urgent or waiting by gate and they whatsapp. Seriously I am on most social media and not sitting with whatsapp on my lap the whole time. I have muted all notificatiins cos phone going haywire at odd hours. What is that about people at least after 9 stop sending messages. The worst is finding out someone especially close died in whatsapp. Really people is that a way to find out. Sometimes whole town knows before family knows and what if they see by mistake. And classic sending viral messages about missing things. The least can be done backtrack and tell whole dunya that you send message guy is found. Some missing stuff u see service after years. Also people forward any crap without verifying if it is haq the truth. That is like spreading lies. It is serious sin.. but when u have free minutes and free telkom why use whatsapp. My family use it cause all us are in different parts and we catch up nicely with each other. Other then that to much time waste. Funny u will visit someone they will be more busy on phone whatsapp then talking to you but they would actually talk more to youbkn whatsapp... hiding behind screen

Unregistered

it isn't just u

Technology has progressed in leaps and bounds in the last few years and has made communication somewhat easier as well as a little more dangerous if u consider how easy it is to communicate with total strangers in a few seconds. However, although there are a few ppl who still have the time and inclination to sit for hours on a landline i say yay chat cz i cn do much more while i chat than while talkin n can block ppl i don't wana chat to or simply ignore their msgs. 😊

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments