+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fed up

Unregistered

fed up

how does one live with interfering and bossy relatives that make your life so miserable?
    my dads disabled...my sibling and i take care of him...
    his sister who lives in gauteng phones all the time to check up on us...when she calls she'd tell us,"hows my brother?/can i speak to my brother?/etc."-never asking, "can i talk to your father?/How is your abba doing?
    if we are his children what does that make us?
    we dont receive any kind of financial help/moral support from my dad's family-i'm a single parent and my sister is not working-yet i've put my dad on medical aid and he receives the best possible care when he needs it.
    during their visits to durban, we go out of our way to entertain and make them feel at home...very rarely do they thank us for our hospitality- the impression given is that it is their right to be treated like royalty
    we haven't been to their homes in over 20 years, and that doesn't seem possible because it's difficult to move around with my dad...
    any news from them adds to our stress levels...this particular aunt is a trouble-maker...we've come to a point when we don't even want to answer the phone...
    we don't mind any-ones business, preferring to quietly go on with life, yet there seems to be no end to their interference...
    when my mum was alive, they made her life so miserable, now they doing the same with us...
    so fed up...

Unregistered

ur blessing is your dad

Poster my heart goes to you. But I can offer friendly advice your father if he was able he would do the world for you so take it as a blessing that u can repay your dad.

As for your sister remember maybe she cant deal with stress so she avoids it lrt her be. Remember u do what u do out of love.

A family member once told me every one has an opinion till u ask for help. If no one helps then let ppl carry on talking take it with a pinch of salt and move on. If this aunty is getting to u it because u allowing it sit her down and talk to her

Unregistered
    Dearest sister,
    No matter how much you stretch yourself humans will never appreciate. Renew your intentions and direct it all towards pleasing Allah. InshaAllah in that way you will be able to overlook all that they say and do and they won't be able to get your spirits down

Please Allah only

ignore

Alhamdulillah Allah has given you the means to get closer to him by serving your father. Focus on this. Dont let petty people taint such a magnificent good deed you are doing. Dont take what they saying to heart. What u do is for Allah only. People like minding others business. They may say wrong things but Alhamdulillah they care for your father to enquire about him. Also another good deed that gets u closer to Allah what you are doing well is treating your guests like royalty. Carry on serving your father and guests. The aunt you know her nature just as they said pinch of salt.

Unregistered

Allah knows best

Dear sister my heart goes out to u.I know what you going through ,i have a mum whose disabled.we used to be told "I'm not here to see yourll. .I'm here to see my sister " and we were only 12 and 13 years old.we let it go cos of my mum sake..she did really care for my mum but ws cruel to us like we were worthless. I say this with tears in my eyes. .take your dad's duas u will go a long way.the rest is just not worth ur time and effort.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments