+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bride to Be

Unregistered

Bride to Be

Salaamz Ladies

I'd like to know from all wifes/brides to be, how were your feelings/emotions before marriage? (between the period of the proposal and wedding)

Is it normal to question yourself if this is the right decision?
    Do doubts creep up in your mind?
    If yes - how do you deal with it?

Unregistered

Yes...yes...yes

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Salaamz Ladies

I'd like to know from all wifes/brides to be, how were your feelings/emotions before marriage? (between the period of the proposal and wedding)

Is it normal to question yourself if this is the right decision?
    Do doubts creep up in your mind?
    If yes - how do you deal with it?
    absolutely,,,i had a feeling that things were not quite right,,,my inner guide told me to stop thing from going further...
    yet,i went ahead and ended up divorced a year later...
    trust your gut...it never lets you down!!!

Unregistered

Bride to Be

Yes these feelings are normal its all part of the excitement, I went ahead, like all marriages there are ups and downs. Communication is the key.

Unregistered
    You do have doubts.it is a life changing thing.all you have to do is make dua and leave it to Allah.

Unregistered

yes

yes its very normal to go through mixed emotions..the fact that its a life changing decision it works more on Ur mind..its not like buying a top n tomorrow u like ok i am bored i can just throw it out..marriage takes alot of hardwork adjustment what u see in movies isn't true..reality kicks in..congrats all the best believe in Allah n make dua

Unregistered
    I implore you both to go for pre-marital counselling. Lay your cards on the table now. Leave no skeletons in the closet to come out and haunt you as the years roll by.

Unregistered

cold feet

Seems like normal cold feet. I also felt kabaraat. I told yes and then kabaraat came and told fiance not sure and I want to travel etc. I then suggested istikharah again. my first istikharah gave me a very good feeling. the second time to make sure I got the message I had a very positive dream. I was scared nervous and not head over heels in love like bollywood style but Allah guided me and I trusted Allah and alhamdulillah as the ayah says you love a thing that is bad for you and hate thing that is good for you but Allah knows. ALLAH truly knows because he has given me a husband that is 1 in a trillion in this day and age. Akhlaq islam and great father. I doubted but Allah knew what was best for me. Ask Allah to guide you.

Unregistered

ms

I had doubts. I called off the wedding however my fiance then spoke to my brother and reassured him that everything will b ok. After marriage, we were separated in months and although not divorced we havent lived together in years. If your gut tells u dont do it, then dont do it.

Unregistered

Just a few weeks

I'm getting married in a few weeks, he's my best friend and my other half. I make dua that we stay that way InshaAllah. I am excited, nervous and I am really starting to feel the wedding fever as I count down the days. I can't even remember a time when he wasn't a part of my life, he has good character and his family is very lovable.

+ Reply to Thread

Facebook Comments