PDA

View Full Version : seeking (read yearning)best friend

ripple
28-06-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm a 27 year old female whose happily married and content with life. Shukr alhumdulillah. But recently there's one thing that's been bugging me: I don't have a best female friend. Now I had good friendships in school, have friends and acquaintances but havnt had that best friend person for a long time. And it never bothered me before as I'm generally a friendly person but I don't like to bare my soul. I'm close with my hubby so that's not the problem. But recently I feel that I just need that female closeness. I have sisters and cousins whom I'm close to so I don't want for company. Its really the strangest thing. Does anybody else feel this way? Does the majority of women have best female friends? Its actually depressing me which in turn is pissing me off. Please help/share experiences. Ta!

Unregistered
29-06-2012, 10:32 AM
No its not wierd at all. Sumtyms u need tht one person who isn't family to talk to.I know exactly how u feel.I'm from dbn,married in jhb,I don't hv many friends on this side either. Even tho I hv good inlaws and wonderful hubby,u sumtyms jus need sum1 to talk to.

Unregistered
29-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Its nt weird @ all.I'm abt to get married n I feel da same way,sumtyms u just need to tawk to sum1 dat isn't family...so u nt alone..

Unregistered
29-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I have a friend from varsity that I chat to abt once a month,I've known her for about 20 yrs.I see her only once a year as she now lives in Australia. Yet I'm closer to her than any of the friends I have made since. When u are married,wiser and have kids. It is wonderful to have many friends,yet I will never want a BFF. And I don't have sisters.

Unregistered
04-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Slmz i feel the exact same way. Im from durbz married in jhb. Its almost 2years and i barely no anyone in my area. I like keeping to my self and hate getting into drama but sometimes just wish i had a friend to speak to. It would be nice if nanima had a coloum or someting for people in different areas that can make friends with eachother.

Unregistered
01-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Speak to a therapist, read the Quran, and understand that we are always truly alone, even if surrounded by others. Your Faith should be your best friend. All of this is transient. The hereafter is forever.

Unregistered
22-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Hi I feel the same way, happily married for 5years and I feel sometimes I need a friend too. I moved from durbs to jhb and its been 5years but I haven't found a friend. I do have a good friend but she obviously lives in durban, I hardly get to see her. So if anyone is intterested aah let me know. I live in the east rand, bedfordview.

Unregistered
28-01-2013, 08:57 AM
i think there are alot of ladies feeling that way. i am from ct and moved to jhb a few months ago. its been a lonely few months. i miss my friends and family a lot! it's never really the same after you leave because everyone moves on with their lives and everyone is always busy. i still speak to my friends from ct but sometimes i wish i had a coffee buddy again. maybe we should start the 'jhb wives clubs' that way we can console each other ;)

Unregistered
18-08-2013, 05:02 PM
I seem to be in the same boat as all of u. Haha. I am also on the East Rand and originally from durban.

Unregistered
19-08-2013, 11:09 AM
slmz if anyone is interested i have created a page on facebook called muslimah connect. i havent really been posting much but if there are more people out there that join we can use it as a platform to find to help make friends in our different areas. Please join the page any feedback or suggestions will be appreciated. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Muslimah-connect/392074840896736

Unregistered
30-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Slmz,

I was just browsing and came across this post. I am also married in Johannesburg and feel the same way. Also I don't have any friends at my current job which is depressing me. If there are others that are still looking to meet new friends maybe we should start a network or something. Any ideas?