PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant or not.

Anonymous06
30-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Hi Dr Saville

I have recently had sexual intercourse with my partner. This happend about 3 weeks ago, I took an Morning After Pill (Escapelle) the next day, was about 9hours later. I already have a little angle & cannot have another so soon. I have gotten my period in last week BUT still the thought of being pregnant is haunting me. Would you suggest to do a pregnancy test now or should I wait abit longer? I don't want to be too hasty as I might get a false negative. If the situation were different I wouldn't worry. But my little angel is way to small still. Also, if it is that I am, What are the Abortion procedures/options?

Thanks in Advance
Anonymous xx

Dr Joy Saville
06-06-2013, 11:20 AM
The only sure way to test if you are pregnant at this stage is to go to your gynae and have a blood test as well as a transvaginal ultrasound. As I am not a proponent of abortion, I cannot comment of the procedure or options available. I do know that many organisations exist that will educate you on your available options. You can visit www.mariestopes.org.za for more information