PDA

View Full Version : Arthritis

Unregistered
29-05-2013, 09:42 PM
The joints in both my thumbs are painful n stiff at night. I can feel the bones protruding at the joint closer to the palm. I follow a fairly healthy diet n take supplements randomly. I am 59 yrs female. What can I do to improve this condition or stop it getting worse. Many thanks.

Dr Joy Saville
06-06-2013, 09:05 AM
According to Tibb, osteoarthritis is associated with qualities of cold and dryness. This means that colder times of the day (mornings and evenings), colder seasons and cold foods (both temperature and the effect it has within the body) will aggravate the condition. Keeping the hands warm in winter by wearing gloves, massaging the hands with olive oil in the mornings and evenings, and eating heating foods with moistness will help the condition. Drink 1 tsp of olive oil, with 1 tsp of honey in a glass of warm water 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals. Avoid all sour foods or soured products like citrus fruits, lemon, yogurt. Decreasing foods that cause acidity will also be beneficial - so fatty, fried foods, sugary foods, tomatoes, and red meat. Eat more vegetable soups and add tumeric (anti-inflammatory) and black pepper (helps with the absorption of tumeric).
Overuse of your hands may also affect healing negatively - light movement like wiggling the fingers is encouraged
Rumaflam tablets can be taken 1 tablet 3 times a day
Tissue salts 3,4,5,9 and 10 can also be used - please note that an arthritis mix is available from ATIFA registered tissue salts consultants. Please see the website for more information www.atifa.co.za