PDA

View Full Version : Pms

Unregistered
29-05-2013, 02:29 PM
I become very tired, lack of concentration, and sometimes emotional a couple of days before my period. This hinders my exams and general performance. What can I do?

Dr Joy Saville
05-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Some general lifestyle guidelines to help manage symptoms of PMS more effectively includes reducing or avoiding caffeine containing products like coffee a week before you are due for your period, reducing salt intake, increasing fatty fish like salmon, avoiding high sugar foods (even though chocolate will help to make you feel good, a more healthy option will be whole wheat bread which will have the same biochemical effect), partake in physical exercise - exercise is one of the best stress busters as it releases all kinds of happy hormones.

Evening primrose oil is always recommended for those whose PMS symptoms disrupt daily activities. Tibb gynaecare syrup may also be used along with livotibb (best that this is done under the supervision of a practitioner). There is a whole range of tissue salts that can also be used to help manage your symptoms better. those available in store includes No2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 12. They come as a combined powder from ATIFA tissue salts consultant if you would prefer to go that route (www.atifa.co.za)