PDA

View Full Version : Weakness

Unregistered
07-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Hi there.
I am 35 and have no underlying medical problems.
Recently however, I have been feeling tired a lot, and sometimes weak to the point where I find it and effort to do my household work. Like I don't have the energy to do it. And this is not all the time, the weak feelings come and go, but the tiredness is there all the time.
I wake up tired ( even having gone to bed earlt) and feel tired and grumpy all day long.
I'm not depressed, I'm just tired.
I find I sometimes start a task and halfway, I have to leave it and go lie down.

I also feel extremely cold. Where you feel that cold inside you.
Even dressing warmly sometimes doesn't help, my feet and hands are frozen. And winter hasn't started yet properly. I also notice that when I start getting cold, my nail start turning blue.

Wat could be wrong with me?
Wat can I take to help?
And wat tests should I do if appropriate ?

I feel like an old woman.
Please help.

Dr Joy Saville
16-05-2013, 06:31 PM
My apologies for not replying sooner to your query

With regards to test you should have your thyroid levels tested (TSH and T4), but it would be best to have a full medical check up so that your Dr can determine the appropriate tests for you

If your tests are all clear, then you should look at an alternative approach to managing the fatigue. Other than making some obvious lifestyle changes which includes cutting out all refined and processed products and increasing heating spices (garlic, ginger, tumeric, fenugreek, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon), you can also try tissue salts. No 6 and No 10 are used for all types of exhaustion. There are many other products available for a lack of energy, but this will depend on the cause of your symptoms which will need to be assessed. i hope the tissue salts help

All the best