PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Care Line, Johannesburg

Unregistered
04-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Slms. Pls help. My husband and I have been married for over 5 years and are expecting our first child. We have had marital issues during our marriage and have been to see counsellors, both non Muslim. We've also spent a lot of money on this. It helped for a while but we usually revert back to old ways, though not as bad as before. We would like to visit the Islamic Care Line in Jhb to seek help. Just want to please find out from other people who have been to them if it has helped them overcome their issues. We want a very balanced perspective based on Islamic values. However, we do not want conservative advice that is biased towards men, e.g. 'it is ok to hit ur wife.'
Reason we want to go to Islamic Care Line is 2 fold - 1st to get an Islamic perspective and 2nd as we have already spent a lot of money on counselling. If this doesn't work then we will go and see a professional psychologist. ANY advice and suggestions would be much appreciated, especially from couples who have been before. JazakAllah

Iguy
26-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Walaikum Salaam. As far as I know, the Islamic Careline does provide a balanced perspective based on Islamic values. They have trained counsellors who deal with cases ranging from addiction to marital discord. They are objective and I doubt that they or any other Islamic organisation would condone violence against women or children. In fact some of their counsellors have as recently as 1 week ago, presented themselves at different gatherings to condemn the abduction of Schoolgirls by Boko Haram in Nigeria.
As a Non-profit organisation they do sterling work for the Muslim community and seem to be familiar with many of the issues plaguing our community.
I suggest you give them a call. They do charge a nominal fee to fund the running of the organisation.