PDA

View Full Version : engaged

Unregistered
02-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Slms

I am gettim married in 2 months time. I hardly know the guy but my istikhara was positive. I just feel very scared. Not doubtful, just scared.
What all do I need to know about him before I marry him?

He reads his salah
He smokes but he says he hasnt tried drugs or been to a club
He hasnt had a girlfriend before.
He is a hafiz.

I just feel scared because I dnt knw him for very long. Any advice ?
We hardly talk much as well because he feels islamically he is doing a disservice to the marriage & it will bring barkat to get to know each other after marriage which I understand but am just finding it difficult.

I just need some motivation please?

I didn't know it will be so difficult to have limited communication. And I am scared of the type of person he will be once we are married

Unregistered
04-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Wslm Allah wud not v given u a positive answer if ur fiance was not right for u, make shukar he is islmically inclined, make dua n leave it in Allah's hands,I.S.A u will v barakah in ur marriage after abstaining from all things that go against Allah, Make shukar for ur spouse n take each day as it comes

Congrats

Ml.Habib Bobat
05-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Qualities a woman looks for in a man

1.Honesty
2.To be able to protect
3.Belief
4.Sense of humor
5.Reliability
6.Commitment
7.Respect
8.Attractiveness
9.Assertiveness
10.Faithful
11.Loyalty
12.Intelligence
13.Piety
14.A sound Islamic background and this is the key ingredient to any successful marriage

So if he is advises not to speak then itís totally fine.

In the west, love is a madness that ENDS with marriage. But in Islam, love is a madness that only BEGINS with marriage.

So be positive and look at the brighter side.
Also I would strongly suggest that you read up some material regarding marriage. A perfect kitaab/book would be A GIFT TO THE BRIDE. Itís got much more details than what I have mentioned. There are also many other books also available.

ML.Habib Bobat

Unregistered
05-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Slmz.. i was in same situation.. Met him, got engaged and married all in 7 months.. Never went out or spoke much. Alhamdulillah i am happy.. It just depends on the couple, understanding, communication... But be sure to know the basics..

Unregistered
05-11-2012, 02:36 PM
You say your istikhara was positive.

That is the best motivation you could ever get.

Have faith in Allah.

Unregistered
08-11-2012, 09:51 AM
thanks for all the motivation:) Insha Allah it will all be ok..

Unregistered
08-11-2012, 10:01 AM
@ the girl who was in same situation, you say to be sure to know the basics..... what would the basics be to you? please give me an example so I know more or less what you are talking about.