PDA

View Full Version : costochondritis or ibs ?

Unregistered
31-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi,been having this pain on my left side.
Started gradualy and then got quite bad at 1 time and went to the doc,sent me for xrays and couldn't pick up on anything so said it could be costo.he told me could b exam stress and gave me stilpane and flexacn and a muscle relaxant.took the anti inflam but stopped taking it after the pain stopped but took arthochoice.went to another doc coz my hair is falling quite a lot and he told me could be that or ibs.the pain is jus below my breastbone and I felt a dull pain under my arm,nothing severe.but the pain under my left breast is getting to me.even tryna breathe can be uncomfortabl.
Ant tips,alternate treatments I can try .will accupuncture work?

Dr Joy Saville
07-11-2012, 11:24 AM
It is important to establish the underlying cause for the chest pain and alopecia (hair falling out). Both are symptoms of stress and so this could be a likely reason for the symptoms you are experiencing. Try managing your stress by following the guidelines below and note if there is an improvement in the symptoms mentioned. If not, consult with your physician or visit a Tibb practitioner so that the cause can be established.

Tips and Remedies in the Management of Stress

Deep and slow breathing exercises
- take a deep breath in through the nose
- push the stomach out
- hold for 4 seconds
- breathe out through the nose

repeat this for 5 minutes

Drink chamomile tea as it as an effective anxiety suppressor

Home Remedies
Soak 8-10 almonds in water overnight
2. Peel off the skin and crush them in the morning
3. Add 1 tsp of crushed almonds to 1 cup warm milk
4. Add a pinch of soaked saffron
5. Add 1 tbsp of honey
6. Mix well
7. Drink once every day

Tibb stress away is a natural product that you can use for stress and anxiety

Acupuncture is indicated in the treatment of your symptoms and will certainly be beneficial in the management of stress