PDA

View Full Version : Fish And Milk - Haeeth or fiction

Unregistered
28-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Asalamualaikum

Please Can an Aalim Please verify:
Quite often on ask Nanima the topic of mixing fish and milk in one meal comes up and many sisters and brothers advise you shouldn't mix this as it was prohibited by Nabi (S.A.W) I thought that was true as my Parents always say that but one brother insists this is no such Hadeeth, and that people shouldn't attribute it to Nabi (S.A.W), he is not an Aalim nor did he claim to be one, but is he correct?

Unregistered
05-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Asalamualaikum

Please Can an Aalim Please verify:
Quite often on ask Nanima the topic of mixing fish and milk in one meal comes up and many sisters and brothers advise you shouldn't mix this as it was prohibited by Nabi (S.A.W) I thought that was true as my Parents always say that but one brother insists this is no such Hadeeth, and that people shouldn't attribute it to Nabi (S.A.W), he is not an Aalim nor did he claim to be one, but is he correct?

I'd like to know this as well?
Can some one please confirm

Ml.Habib Bobat
06-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Walaikum-Salaam

This is an extract from the following book The Prophetic Medicine written by a dynamic Islamic scholar Ibn-Al-Jawziya (R.A)

The Prophet never mixed fish and milk, milk and sour foods or two hot dishes, or two cold dishes, two sticky dishes, two constipating dishes, two laxative dishes, two heavy dishes, two liquid foods or two types al foods that produced the same condition. In addition, he did not join between two types of food that caused opposite effects. Such as constipating and diarrhea, oil easily digested with heavy foods broiled with cooked foods, dry with flesh foods, eggs and milk or meat and milk. In addition, he neither ate a food when it is rather hot, nor old food hut was heated for him the next day. Further, he did not eat any salty or rotten foods, such as pickles. All these types of foods are handful and cause the health to change.

The Prophetic Medicine Page 283

And Allah Knows Best

ML.Habib Bobat