PDA

View Full Version : Sanitary pad reviews

Unregistered
22-04-2013, 09:40 PM
So this question is for all the ladies out there.
Having had extra light to practically non existant periods for the last 8 years, I was able to use panty liners for my period.
However, I now get a regular period and not having bought sanitary pads in 8 years, I found myself daunted at the array of sanitary pads on the shelves.
I previously used Always ultra pads and I liked them as compared to the other brands available at the time.
Now I wonder which are the best pads available with regards to comfort, and absorbency and leakage as compared to the Always Ultra.
I'm looking for a pad that will not bunch up and break up into lumps nor make you feel like u wearing a nappy or leave you with a "wet" uncomfortable feeling and will stay stuck where you put it.
There are so many brands available now.
But I'd like to know from you ladies as compared to Always which pads do you love and wear.
You ladies will save me from having to spend lotsa money trying different brands especially if some are really awful.

As for panty liners, the best iv found are Discreet, these stay stuck, don't bunch up and feel comfortable and are absorbent.
Next best is Lilets essentials, these are a bit thicker than discreet but also stay stuck , and do not break up even though slightly thicker. They are also absorbent.
The worst are the those ones in the yellow and blue packaging. I forget the name but they always goin on offer. They are the lumpiest and never stay where you put them.
I post the name when I remember.

I'd also like to know if anyone in SA is using menstrual cups and how you find this as compared to pads. Also where are the cups available from in SA?

Please help.

Unregistered
02-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Well, personally I switched to tampons because of that icky wet feeling. I've prob used every brand of pad out there, and on heavy days, they all feel gross. But my go-to is Always Ultra (sensitive), those are by far the most comfortable ones I've used.

Unregistered
02-05-2013, 11:56 AM
I use always nights for me they are the best and johnson's tempons.. You can't go wrong with always they are by far the best brand even their pantyliners are just as good :)