PDA

View Full Version : Morning sickness and can't cook - HELP

Morning sickness
17-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Aslm, I just recently found out I am pregnant, shukr, but the nausea and vomiting is really bringing me down, can't even look after my other kids or cook. Its stopping my daily chores n some days I can't even keep any food down. Need ideas and recipes for very bland, not heavy, but filling food that I might be able to try in the hopes that something stays down! Jazakallah for all your help!

Unregistered
17-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Slms sister. I felt d same during my last pregnancy. I used to cook but couldnt stand d smell of my food. I used to eat my neighbouts food. Also ate lots of pies & take-outs. Shukar it was just a phase & started eating my own food again. Try making pancakes or waffels. Very filling & delish also.

Unregistered
17-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Try the ginger lollipops got the nausea and also maybe try the pregnancy shakes..I never heard of them when I was pregnant but I suffered the same with the nausea and not being able to eat my own food. Would have tried those things if I knew about it

Unregistered
17-04-2013, 07:38 PM
The pregnancy shakes from clicks/dischem are great. Being hungry makes u more nauseous. Have you tried muesli and yoghurt in the morning? Or just yoghurt and fruit? All the best for the rest of ur pregnancy inshAllah.