Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in [path]/includes/init.php on line 139

Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in [path]/includes/init.php on line 139

Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in [path]/includes/init.php on line 139

Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in [path]/archive/index.php on line 456

Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 4161
Winter and immune boosters [Archive] - Nanima Network Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Winter and immune boosters

Unregistered
09-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Hello.
With winter on our doorstep, I'd like to know how I can boost my child's immunity to help prevent the inevitable coughs and colds and the misery that goes with it.
I find in winter that my 7yr old just gets over a cough, leaky and/or blocked nose only to have it start all over again a week or 2 later.
How can I boost her immunity so that she is able to fight off the symptoms quicker or not get sick at all?
And what should I give her at the first sign of the sniffles?
Dietary tips?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Dr Joy Saville
11-04-2013, 02:15 PM
It is great that you are being so proactive about your child's health. This is really the best time to give our bodies a boost.
Feel good health has a great product called Kiddie Boost which helps strengthen kids immune systems. It contained Echinacea amongst other herbal ingredients. http://www.naturalkids.co.za/kiddieboost_natural_herbal_child_immune_booster.ph p
This is a tincture which helps with administration. 1 drop x the age of the child should be given 2-3 times a day. You can add it to warm water (this will evaporate the medical alcohol) or simply to some juice.

You can also try Tibb Septoguard. A preventative dose of 1tsp daily can be used. If symptoms do appear Septoguard and Tibb Flu relief syrup should be given 3 times daily

There's no better medicine than a mother's touch. Give her a chest and back massage using blackseed rub mixed with episone ointment. Sometimes the blackseed rub is a bit strong for kids, hence the dilution with another ointment

In terms of diet, decreasing dairy products especially milk products is advised as these are mucous forming foods. In addition to this adding heating spices like garlic, ginger, chili and fenugreek to foods will be helpful. Summer is the time for cooling salads and during winter vegetable soups should be consumed on a regular basis. Sugary foods should be limited

Home Remedy
The juice of one lemon and 1 tsp of honey can be taken daily