PDA

View Full Version : Feel like a bad mom

Unregistered
05-03-2013, 09:13 PM
here i am sitting down after a never ending day n feeling like such a terrible mother. my daughter is 16 months old and my son is 2 mths old. they both have been driving me crazy all day, my daughter being more of the demanding one. they both wudnt sleep all day n having turns crying. i was really trying to keep my cool but then i started shouting at my daughter coz she was trying to hit her brother n she wudnt eat or sleep. wen i finally got her to sleep i put her down n she woke up then baby started crying.. i jst shoved her on the bed n told her to bloody sleep. bedtime was a nightmare having no help as hubby was at a wprk function.. now its past 9pm n i managged to put both kids to bed while i was crying as they both wanted to sleep at the same time.

right now i am still waiting for hubby to
come home didnt have lunch or time to cook supper. i feel frustrated n like a horrible mother. does any of u evr feel this way? is it normal? how do stay at home moms manage? how do u keep ur cool or sanity? i camt wait to b back at work coz being at home alone with 2 under 2 is scary..

MoMof2
06-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Firstly, don't think of urself as a bad mom. Sometimes, amidst the craziness of everyday demands, we all lose patience. Ur kids are still very small and both physically and mentally demanding. I found that time in my life extremely exhausting and I just lost myself. One day I just decided that I'm doing too much and its impossible and unrealistic. Both my parents n husbands parents live in another city so u can imagine. I decided to take time out for myself. Whether it was goin to the beautician, gym, a walk. 1hr was all I needed to "recharge". Its frustrating just being a Mom. You are a woman too, so take help that's offered n make time for yourself.

Nanima
06-03-2013, 04:49 PM
eish we all have those days.. Allah make it easy for all and grant all mothers especially myself patience when it comes to our kids because they are our biggest tests.

Unregistered
06-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Jzk for ur post. I'm in the same situation with a 15mnth old and a 32mnth old and I ws wondering the same things. May ALLAH make it ez for all mums out there, remember the reward awaiting u is gr8 In-SHaa-ALLAH.

Unregistered
07-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Salams. Just want to let u knw, ur not alone. I've got 20 month old twins, live in a town with no family or friends of my own, except my in laws. Its very difficult especially now at this age when they're developing their own personality. The only way I'm beginning to cope is by changing my domestic to someone who can lend a hand with them and sometimes just "play" with them so I can at least pray salat in peace without them hitting each other. My girl is also the dominant personality but very jealous so u can imagine the conflicts. I can't even go out as they both very active and prams, trolleys or anything which limits their freedom turns into huge tantrums. May اَللَّه make it easy for us all, and grant us the patience necessary to deal.