PDA

View Full Version : missed menstrual cycle

Unregistered
22-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Hello doctor
I haven't had my menstrual cycle since may its happened before but not for this long.
I'm not pregnant
I have pcos been to a dietitian now on a low GI diet
I don't know what to do
Please help

Dr Joy Saville
25-10-2012, 09:05 AM
A missed menstrual period is a symptom of PCOS. Following a low GI diet, exercising regularly and managing your emotions by practicing deep breathing exercises can help in the management of your condition. According to Tibb, you should increase the amount of heating spices in your diet. This includes tumeric, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper chili, and mustard seeds. The following home remedy can be used to stimulate menses:

1tsp each of cinnamon, cloves, celery seeds and carrot seeds. Grind in a mortar and take as a powder once a day

There are a number of products you can use, but it would be best to directly consult with a Tibb practitioner so that a treatment regime can be tailor made. However some of the products available are menoherb (this is used in menopause but has ingredients which regulates hormones and stimulates menstrual bleeding), livotibb, haemoclear and septoguard. You can use glucostop if you are insulin resistant.

You should also go for regular cupping sessions to further stimulate the function of your ovaries