PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

Unregistered
17-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Slm, i have recently moved to south africa but since ive been here my anxiety levels have been at an ultimate high. I want to know, aside from the medication i take, if there is any vitamin ir supplement i can take to help regulate my body. I am also on contraceptive pills, so i am unsure which supplements are fe to take along with them and my anxiety meds which are known here in sa as adcoazlam. Thanks in advance.

Dr Joy Saville
19-10-2012, 10:01 AM
- Eat plenty of raw nuts and seeds particularly almonds and pumpkin seeds. 1 serving of seeds=3tbsp; 1 serving nuts= ±15 nuts. Omega 3 counteracts cortisol and has an anti-stress effect.
- Eat plenty oily fish (e.g. salmon) and limit the intake of red meat. Fish is rich in omega 3
- Include in the diet apricots, asparagus, avocados, bananas, broccoli, brown rice, dried fruits, figs, green leafy vegetables, legumes, whole grains and yogurt. These foods supply valuable nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium which are depleted by stress. They also increase moistness in the body which counteracts heat and dryness.
- Avoid foods containing sugar and simple carbohydrates (white flour products) and concentrate on complex carbohydrates such as whole grain or brown products (brown rice, brown bread, whole grain pastas). Simple sugars cause blood sugar to spike and dip rapidly which causes the body to compensate by the release of stress hormones which releases energy from fat and glucose reserves to stabilize blood sugar.
- Do not consume coffee, tea, cola, chocolate or anything that contains caffeine. Caffeine stimulates the adrenalin glands to release stress hormones.
- Keep a food diary to detect correlations between your attacks and the food you eat.

Supplements that you can include as part of your management regime includes vitamin B complex and omega's. You can also add epsom salts to your bath water as the magnesium will be absorbed via your skin. Supplementation does not eliminate the need for a healthy diet.

Also practice slow and deep breathing exercises daily

Tibb Stress Away has anti stress and anti anxiety effects on the body and can be used as an adjuvant to adcoazlam

Glen222
24-10-2012, 11:37 AM
In today's lifestyle the main cause of anxiety and other mind related issues such as stress, is the lack of social relationship. A person living alone is more likely to attacked by mind related problems. So make more friends, and have a chit chat with them and enjoy their company. This would be beneficial for physical as well as mental health in the long run.