PDA

View Full Version : Studying after kids

Unregistered
17-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I would like to know if anyone here as studied after having kids?I am interested in studying law and I'm not sure if I will cope. My little girl is 2 and a half.Any advice?any one who has done this?

Madam A
30-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Slmz!

I am studying, expecting, looking after a home and having to see to the hubby, it is not easy but Alhamdulillah i am managing.Some days may be more tough than others but if you have the support and help of ur hubby Allah just makes it easy.

All thee best!:)

Nanima Fan
31-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Dear Sister

The educational institute department that I work in has over the years seen many people in your position. Adults with have huge family and work responsibilities who have decided to study towards a degree at a 'late' stage in life. While it has not been an easy journey, the rewards were seen firstly when they walked up the stage to collect their degrees and to know they have now achieved their dreams. The difficulties they went through makes them appreciate and value their degrees all the more. There are so many times when I have had teary adults in my office, coming in to advise me of their intentionto de-register because it is simply too much. Most (almost all) of them did not de-register after they received that littel nudge and encouragement. They are SOO pleased to have continued instead of giving up. MANY people are going back to studying 'later' in life. I have seen parent and child studying together at university. IF this is your dream, please do pursue.

Unregistered
31-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Slmz. I'm at the end of my 5th year of studying. I have a degree in Bsc Dietetics and I just finished my internship yesterday. It wasn't easy, but I finally made it despite having a hubby, going through a pregnancy and seeing to 3 kids. I say go for it.

Unregistered
31-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Slm. I hhave a 10 month baba n I'm currently studying law thru unisa. Its reali tough I won't lie but if u dedicated n have support from ur hubby n family InshaAllah its possible. Always remem Allah in all difficulties n He will guide u thru anything. All the best

Unregistered
31-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Slmz, it is most certainly achievable! All you need is a firm resolve and support from your hubby and other family members if possible. I just graduated in September with a BCom finance degree, after 7 years of slogging away. Each time I fell pregnant, I stopped, and when my baby was born, I continued. This happened 3 times...and Finally, Alhumdulillah, all the hard work paid off. It is tough, but do-able! Good luck! And don't give up!