PDA

View Full Version : Helper giving me beans

Unregistered
02-10-2012, 03:10 PM
I need some advice please. I have a new elderly helper (lady to help me clean the house), and she seems to think that I owe her everything. She tells me that my house is very dirty and that the work is a lot and then how she is going to clean- which is not the way I need her to clean the place. I have tried explaining to her that it was not my place before and so we have clean a lot more to get it all in good order then it will be easier. But she gets pulled up and cross. I cook extra so that there will be food left for her- I even skip lunch so she can have enough- she doesn't eat mielie meal and won't have eggs and bread either. What should I do? Its not that I don't want to feed her but I am lost as to what I should give her.. Any tips on how to handle this or what any of you do for lunch? I'm really confused and if I dont see a way out soon I probably am going to tell her not to come back.

Nanima
02-10-2012, 04:47 PM
when answering here - please try and help the situation by giving sincere advice. also remember the rules of the page. All comments will be moderated before they appear.

Nanima
02-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Have you asked her what she likes to eat?

Unregistered
03-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Why not get her that imani soy mince or stuff like that.

Unregistered
04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
i dont think your helper is going to change in being more accomodating to your situation. seems like u r doing most of the accomodating.
also she is elderly, so she wont compromise much. she probably cant cope with all the extra cleaning due to her age.

my advice is start looking for another helper. there are alot of people out there in search of work.

and maybe call her on days u require minimal cleaning.

Unregistered
11-10-2012, 11:00 AM
i dont think your helper is going to change in being more accomodating to your situation. seems like u r doing most of the accomodating.
also she is elderly, so she wont compromise much. she probably cant cope with all the extra cleaning due to her age.

my advice is start looking for another helper. there are alot of people out there in search of work.

and maybe call her on days u require minimal cleaning.

She isn't old at all.. I believe I'm being reasonable we only two and the house is small comparatively to my previous house and that lady managed everything properly plus never fought about food or work.. I think perhaps she is spoilt or just lazy..

And I have asked her what she would prefer to eat on days I don't have leftovers she just glares at me. I keep eggs and bread and also pap and offer her that. I'm at a loss.

Who knew a helper could make someone so miserable :(