PDA

View Full Version : menstraution

nazu
19-09-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm off the pill 4 a year now,my menstruation cycle since then is 10 days ,1st 3 r heavy bleeding,then the balance r not so bad,but full 10 days,,then it stops n starts again after 15 days. I feel weak n hv been suffering with headaches a lot lately.what shud I do,but I DON'T wana go bak on the pill bcos of its side effects.thanks.....hoping u can help me !!!

Dr Joy Saville
20-09-2012, 08:56 AM
You need to check that your iron levels are ok because you may be anaemic so get your haemoglobin tested at the pharmacy. But i would advise that you use a good iron supplement irrespective. If you can find himalaya evecare (some health shops and certain souks stocks this product) then you should use this in conjunction with Tibb livotibb. You need to use this for at least 3 months as herbal products do not work as quickly as drug medicines

Please see the advise below for the management of your condition

In Tibb prolonged bleeding or polymenorrhoea or prolonged bleeding (menses for more than 7 days) is said to be due to excessive heat in the body. As this is a natural form of elimination, it may also result from your body trying to get rid of toxin build up. Stress, diet changes, changes in exercise routine, certain contraceptives, weight loss or weight gain are just a few possible causes of abnormal bleeding. But it will be best for you to consult with your gynae to rule out any serious causes such as endometriosis, cancer etc.

As polymenorrhoea is associated with heat, the approach will be to increase coolness in a balanced way. fruits and vegetables are naturally more cold, so a diet consisting of 50% raw fruit and vegetables is advised. It is important to cut of the junk like high sugars foods, high fat and oily foods, refined foods and spicy foods. Also meat and chicken should be eaten in moderation, lean varieties are preferred like skinless chicken breast. Fish - there are 2 classifications of fish according to Tibb. Your oily fish is hot and moist and the dry fish is cold and dry. Oily fish include salmon, trout, pilchards, and dry fish include tuna and hake. Try to include more fish in your diet from both classes. Even though oily fish has a heat element, it increases heat in a balanced way and so will be beneficial to you.

Regular exercise is incredibly important. There are certain yoga positions which will help to regulate your cycle, so this is a good exercise to choose. Also, the deep breathing performed in yoga will help cool the body and better help you deal with stress

Make sure to take a natural mild laxative once a month to eliminate any toxin build up. Even if you are regular, using something (preferably a natural compound formula or warm water, honey and olive oil) to cleanse the bowels is incredibly important. When we pass stools, a layer of mucous remains behind on the walls of the colon. Over time, the amount of toxins that accumulates in the mucous layer. Therefore in Tibb we encourage patients to induce elimination regularly. You can also use an enema (400ml warm water and 1tbsp of olive oil). Drinking lots of water instead of juice and soda's will also assist in proper elimination

Home Remedies
I've come across a few home remedies that might help, but unfortunately i have not tried and tested these remedies and basing it purely on nutritional and philosophical principles

Drink a cup of pineapple juice (freshly squeezed) 3 times daily. Pineapple has cold and moist qualities. It also has anti inflammatory properties

Boil `1 tsp of coriander seeds in 500ml of water. Boil until half the water has evaporated. Drink this daily. Coriander also has cold & moist qualities