PDA

View Full Version : sun spots or age spots

Unregistered
13-02-2013, 03:21 PM
How would one treat sun/age spots on the face? I find my little ones are merging and forming bigger spots. Any products or home remedies you can recommend? I use a spf 50 daily on my face. Is this sufficient?

Dr Joy Saville
20-02-2013, 11:13 AM
I would suggest that you wear protect sun gear. So get a hat or a cap to give you some extra shade if you are outside. Try not to go out during the hottest periods of the day. Early in the morning or later in the afternoon is recommended. Maybe try a sun screen that is designed for your face. Check that it protects against UVA and UVB rays as well. You should apply this at least 30 minutes before going outdoors and reapply every 2 hours or after swimming etc.

You can try the product Pigment from Natura as well as tissue salt No 7. This tissue salt can be taken orally (dissolved in the mouth, not swallowed) as well as applied externally. Throw 10 in a basin of water. Allow to dissolve for 30 minutes and wash the face. You can also make a paste with the tissue salt and apply it directly over the affected skin