PDA

View Full Version : Verbal. Abuse

Unregistered
12-02-2013, 06:37 PM
I've been married for 4 years now and my husband is becoming more and more verbally abusive. I never know when his mood is going to flip. He swears me, and when he does so, I'm afraid his going to hit me (he hasn't yet). I thought enough is enough, and the one day when he started shouting and swearing at me for no reason I made him drive me to my dad. On arrival, my dad took off with me and told me not to bother him with my petty problems. My dad blamed me for everything, infront of my husband and told me to get out of his house. I have never told my parents anything till that day. I do not want to expose my little girl to this ugliness and afraid it will get worse. What do I do? I am so hurt and betrayed.

Unregistered
13-02-2013, 03:19 PM
slmz,

my 2cents....

when your husband is calm, relaxed and behaving normally, sit him down and talk him about his anger problems.
explain that you feel afraid when he behaves in that manner, and it hurts you emotionally.
also, if he does not learn to control his anger, it will end up worsening with time, and something violent or more dangerous can come of it one day.

people are all different, some have temper problems, while others have problems of a different nature. maybe look up marrital courses you can attend. i know of many couples who attend islamic lectures once a week, its basically just to educate one on social behaviours, how to treat each other in a marriage, how to communicate better etc. we all need these type of reminders and guidance to open our eyes to how our behaviours affect those dear to us.

inshAllah, hope things get better for u!

Unregistered
20-02-2013, 09:43 AM
please give more info on the islamic lectures that couples attend once a week. i am quite keen on attending myself.