PDA

View Full Version : addiction

Unregistered
12-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Slms my husband has an addictive personality.First it was drugs nw its gambling.His job is even on the line cz he stays out cz his to tired to go 2 wrk.I jst wanted to know if anybody has been through this b4 that can give me advice.will da islamic careline help cz he says he wants to change and move forward in life

dhaarisaab
23-07-2013, 08:19 AM
the remedy is in duaah my sister. Nabi SAW says that allah has the hearts of man between his fingers and can sway it one way or the other ..so make duah.. Allah SWT will for sure answer the duah of those that are in need.

Unregistered
24-07-2013, 03:00 PM
السَّــــلاَمُ عَــــلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
I notice you say that your husband wants help and this is the starting point of any problem. If he can acknowledge that then recovery is almost guaranteed. Yes the islamic helpline can definately assist . As well as the gambling help line. Please contact them both. May allah assist and your husband along your path to recovery. Ameen

Unregistered
24-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Yes you can call Islamic Careline. They will giv you much needed support.
From personal experience there are very few people that are cured. It's a lifelong battle and you have to ask yourself, if that's what you're prepared to do for the rest of your life. If you do not have kids, I'd say don't have any now. Children don't solve any of the problems. If you do have kids, ask yourself how prepared are you to expose them to his behaviour and what effect will it have on their impressionable minds. Consider which will damage them more, staying or leaving.
I stayed many, many, years, and rehab after rehab did not help.
Now, my children and I are safe and they are not exposed to all the stress and everything that goes in hand with drugs and gambling.
All we can do now, is make dua for their father.
But now they have a fighting chance at leading a normal life.
It's a big decision to make.
May Allah make your road ahead easy whatever you choose.
My advice, get out while you can.
You do not deserve the life he is making for you.
You are worth much more.
That's my opinion. Take whatever advice and help you can get. And make your decision.
No one but Allah can help you now.